Fast Tooth Extractions in Southeast MI
At My Family Dental, our primary goal is to preserve your teeth.
But occasionally, the only solution is to remove a tooth. When this is the case, our dentists will explain all your options, including why a tooth extraction is best.
A tooth may need to be removed if it is causing you great pain or is severely damaged, or if it is a wisdom tooth crowding other teeth and causing you discomfort. Once extracted, we can fill the space with a dental implant.
We Have Qualified Dentists and Oral Surgeons Who Specialize in Tooth Extractions
If you need to have one or more teeth removed, a dentist or oral surgeon will perform the procedure. First, you will receive a local anesthetic to numb the area. A basic tooth removal can be performed while you’re awake, with a local anesthetic. For a more serious issue, such as an impacted wisdom tooth, the oral surgeon may recommend sedation. In either case, we have the technology and the specialists who can perform the procedure in-house.
Once the tooth is removed, you will need stitches. Some types of stitches will dissolve over time, and some need to be removed by the dentist. After the healing process, the removed tooth can be replaced with a natural looking implant, denture or bridge.
What To Expect After Oral Surgery
In most cases, you will return to normal eating and drinking in just a few days.
To help speed your recovery, we recommend that you:
- Take painkillers or anti-inflammatories as prescribed by your dentist.
- After 24 hours, rinse gently with warm salt water several times a day to reduce swelling and relieve pain. Make your own salt water by mixing 1 tsp. (5 g) of salt in a medium-sized glass [8 fl. oz. (237 mL)] of warm water.
- Change gauze pads often.
- Relax after surgery. Physical activity may increase bleeding.
- Avoid smoking or using straws.
- Eat soft foods, such as gelatin, pudding or a thin soup. Gradually add solid foods to your diet as healing progresses.
- Do not lie flat. This may prolong bleeding. Instead, prop up your head with pillows.
- Avoid rubbing the area with your tongue.
- Continue to carefully brush your teeth and tongue.
Affordable Tooth Extractions from Michigan’s Top Recommended Dentists
If you must have a tooth removed, you need a qualified and caring dentist or oral surgeon. At My Family Dental centers in metro Detroit, MI, we have been performing safe, sterile tooth extractions since 1980. We keep you as comfortable as possible while we use the latest techniques and technology to remove your tooth. For more information about our procedures, contact us today. We are available to answer any questions about cost, recovery and options.
All-around outstanding staff!
"I have been scared of dentists my whole life. This place changed my view towards the dentist. My doctor is amazing. She was so caring throughout the extraction process. The hygienist did a wonderful job on the cleaning. Highly recommend this place."